Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Currently Loving: A Soothing Palette Hamptons Style

I am a huge fan of the neutral palette used in interiors- it has become such a popular trend. The soothing palette of this Long Island Hamptons-styled home is a paragon to accomplishing a neutral palette. I couldn't help but be inspired when I received the February issue of Traditional Home Magazine this past week. I smiled when I saw the same artwork I have in my apartment that is seen on the mantel of the living room of this spread (someone has good taste). Check it out!



I love the mixture of different textures and pattern. I want to get myself a pair of those armchairs. The unique clerestory window design is stunning- shown in a off-white wood finish. The flax colored tone-on-tone drapery with damask embroidery is very tasteful. The drapery adds a neutral elegance to the space. I love the border detail seen on the sofa pillows paired with a modern velvet pattern (this is so yummy). Of course the nail head accents on the furniture adds to the casual elegance of this room.



Traditional Home


This fireplace is gorgeous the herringbone detail adds so much warmth to the space.


My Apartment






 This breakfast banquette is fabulous upholstered in Donghia fabric. The unique shape of this banquette is mimicked on the stairwell....great visual interest. Circles, arches, and lady-like curves are repeated elements throughout the house. These can been seen through the architecture, textile patterns, and the light fixtures. The banquette can also provide extra space when entertaining in the kitchen (this is a great idea).




I love this gray-blue cabinet finish used in the kitchen. It was important to the homeowners to stick with a soothing color palette of taupes and pale blues. The mosaic backsplash design of gray-blue and white is exquisite- I am a sucker for these geometric transitional patterns. The white-washed accent island provides balance while harmonizing the neutral colors together.


The reoccurring motif of curvilinear lines is represented again in the cabinetry design (I love this pattern). I especially love when a theme is carried throughout a home. Nothing was constructed or designed without a careful thought process. Every element represents the theme of feminine lines, circles and arches- this makes for a cohesive design. Natural light is key in this space- which makes the whole kitchen feel light and airy.




This Nina Campbell window treatment fabric is to die for... compliments the light fixture as well.

This is what I am currently loving. I hope it inspires you as much as it did me!